The synthetic checklist for making a new package release
- Change your working directory to robotpkg/"category"/"package"
- Update your copy with git pull, optionally
make a new branch with git checkout -b
- If needed, upload the new DISTFILES to the MASTER_SITES location
- Update version number in the Makefile
- If needed, update DEPEND_ABI in depend.mk to the oldest supported
- Check the dependencies requirements
- Regenerate checksums with make mdi
- Check the files in patches/. If they have been merged upstream,
remove them. If they don't apply with make
patch, rework them.
- Regenerate checksums with make mdi if you
changed any patch file.
- Check installation with make install
- Verify PLIST with make print-PLIST && diff PLIST
- Optionally clean your build with make
- Commit. Do one commit per package update. In the subject line, put
"[category/package] Update to X.Y". In the message body, start with
"Changes since Y.Z:" and the change log. Also mention any patch removal,
and why they're
- Send a message to email@example.com with a
URL where to browse or fetch your commit. If you have no public URL, send
a git-diff corresponding to your commits.